If you are looking for a rewarding career and an opportunity to work within the Gibraltar Sports and
Leisure Authority, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team as a fully qualified
Lifeguard/Pool Operative. Applications are invited from the general public, who must by virtue of
their citizenship, be entitled to take up employment in Gibraltar, and are, or on employment will be,
resident in Gibraltar.
The GSLA Swimming Pools are found in both our Pool Complexes at Europort Road and the Lathbury
Barrack Sports Complex. Successful applicants may be expected to work at other facilities which may
fall under the GSLAs remit from time to time.
1. The post is permanent and pensionable under the choice of one of the HM Government of
Gibraltar Contributory pension schemes, after having successfully completed a six month
2. There is a requirement for working of shifts on a rotational 5 day week basis of which post is
conditioned to a 40 hour week. This is inclusive of weekend and Public Holiday working. Salary
for the post is at 24,925 per annum with an additional Shift Allowance of 12.5% on basic
salary. Premium payments for weekend working are also payable.
3. Eligible applicants must meet the criteria within the posts Job Description and Person
Specification attached at Appendix A.4. The successful candidate must be prepared to continue with ongoing training as and when
this is required and maintain a record of their continuous professional development to ensure
standards of practice are kept to a high level.
5. Applicants are required to be in possession of a RLSS Swimming Pool Lifeguard qualification
which includes First Aid. However, should you not be qualified and are still interested in
applying, we will be offering the opportunity to attend a lifeguarding course on week
commencing 20 November 2023 which includes an initial competency test that must be
completed successfully to qualify to undertake the lifeguard course.
6. Should you then be successful you will be eligible to attend an interview.
7. In addition, completed Vetting forms along with a copy of identification should be submitted
together with your application form by the closing date. Please note that we request copies of
identification in order to comply with the Royal Gibraltar Police vetting requirements.
8. Application forms along with details and further particulars, may be obtained from the Chief
Executive Officer, Gibraltar Sports and Leisure Authority, Bayside Sports Centre, Bayside Road,
Gibraltar (telephone 20078409), or downloaded from our website www.gsla.gi and should be
submitted together with all relevant original certificates to email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12
NOON on 17 November 2023